Thursday, June 3, 2010

Update: 05/20/2010 - Dr.s Visit

I saw the Nephrologist last week and she has referred me to the Transplant Clinic at Intermountain Medical Center. I received the paperwork yesterday and after it is returned they call me for an appointment with the Transplant Clinic. I still need a kidney transplant. I also still needs some iron infusions, the shots were not as effective and I am still very anemic. The good news is that I still don't need to go on dialysis yet, which the family is thrilled about! I am in very good spirits considering and appreciate the well wishes I am starting to get from family and friends. However, it is still a bit overwhelming and I am finding it hard to talk about most of the time.

I am happy to report that my work (Intermountain Medical Center) has been awesome to me and my boss especially is very supportive as well. She has changed my work load and hours to accomodate my needs right now and I feel like I have more energy!

We(mom,Charron and I)can't wait to get into the Transplant Clinic and get all of our growing questions and concerns answered!

Thank you again for all you do in keeping me in your heart and prayers, I really do appreciate it more than you know even when at times I cannot express it. Love, Shannan

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely in my prayers...please let me know if there is anything I can do!

    ReplyDelete