Friday, July 9, 2010

Had another nephrology (kidney) appointment last week and I am still very anemic and so am back to getting iron infusions every other week and iron shots in-between those.

The doctor is concerned about my lab values. My potassium and calcium are too high! I didn't think you could ever have too much calcium? Anyway, I have to watch my diet and cut back on my dairy products, especially milk, which I LOVE :( I am on a new medication to help with absorption.

My doctor is also concerned that I am having a lot of night sweats. I now have to keep a log for her to review at our next appointment. I don't know if it is kidney related or not, but it doesn't sound good to me :(

I am starting to share my illness with a few more people at work, I think that is a good sign :)

I called the Transplant Clinic on Monday and I am moving forward on the "list" and she said it would probably only be 1 to 2 more weeks and I would be called to set-up an appointment. I can hardly wait to talk to those who will be so intimatey involved in my care and have them all be available in one place at the same time.

As soon as I meet with my team, I can post who should be contacted if anyone is still interested in being a possible donor.

Again, thank you for your prayer and well wishes, I believe in their power.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know all the rules, but I'm pregnant right now, but have a c-section scheduled for next week, so by the time you get everything figured out with your transplant team I'm guessing I would be a viable donor by then. Let me know if you need me to get tested. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete